Saturday 18 April 2009

Record Store Day

I was chuffed as beans to be asked to DJ in Spillers as part of Record Store Day. There's only about 300 independent record shops left in the UK now (down from a few thousand!) which is a real shame. They provide such a great service and i hate the way our towns and cities are becoming so identikit.

Here's what I played:
  1. Animal Collective - Fireworks
  2. War On Drugs - Taking The Farm
  3. Abe Vigoda - Dead City
  4. No Age - Teen Creeps
  5. The Mae Shi - Lamb And Lion
  6. Dananananaykroyd - Some Dresses
  7. Oxford Collapse - The Birthday Wars
  8. Dinosaur Jr - Been There All The Time
  9. Jay Reatard - You Mean Nothing To Me
  10. Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened
  11. The Thermals - No Culture Icons
  12. Wolf Parade - I'll Believe In Anything
I meant to play Jay Reatard's slightly bonkers cover of Fluorescent Grey (by Deerhunter) but I 'queued up' the wrong track. Durrrr.

I also bought the two Sonic Youth split singles (one with Beck and one with Jay Reatard) that Matador have put out to celebrate the day, and I got the new Spillers tshirt as a gift for "DJing" (I was going to buy it anyway). I wanted to go and see Truckers Of Husk's instore but I got lazy and the Blues were winning at the egg, so I've stayed home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment